OPPORTUNITIES FOR INDEPENDENCE
TEMPUS PENNSYLVANIA NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
In-Person Drop-in Sessions for Participants in Community
HealthChoices (CHC) Participant-Directed Services
Tempus will soon be taking over the Fiscal/Employer Agent services for Community HealthChoices (CHC) Participant-Directed Services. Tempus is providing in-person sessions at designated locations across the state to help you with completing your packet and for EVV training.
When does this change go into effect?
- Tempus Unlimited will become your Fiscal/Employer Agent (F/EA) effective July 1, 2022. For those CLEs and DCWs currently on Schedule A with PPL, you will start using the Tempus EVV for recording time on June 5, 2022. For those CLEs and DCWs currently on Schedule B with PPL, you will start using the Tempus EVV for recording time on June 12, 2022.
Will there be any interruptions to my services?
- You will continue to receive your services as authorized with no interruptions from this transition process.
Will we still be submitting our time the same way using Public Partnership’s (PPL’s) Time4Care mobile app?
- You will still submit your time using Public Partnership’s (PPL’s) Time4Care mobile app until June 5, 2022 if you’re on Schedule A and until June 12, 2022 if you’re on Schedule B. Time submission will move to the new Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) system as of the above dates.
Are there any changes that are in effect now? How will I know what is changing and when those changes go into effect?
- Nothing in your service delivery has changed, and nothing will change in the services you receive except as the result of a reassessment. In the upcoming weeks and months, additional information will be coming from the Office of Long Term Living (OLTL), your Managed Care Organization (MCO), and Tempus Unlimited about this transition. No changes will take place before they have been communicated to you.
What should I expect from this transition?
- First and foremost, you should expect clear communication that occurs frequently. E-Mails, mailings, information site updates, as well as information sessions will all be regularly occurring during the transition.
- You should also expect an inclusive and collaborative approach to the transition plan, with easy accessibility to both staff and resources throughout the processes.
Who do I contact / where do I go if I have more questions?
- You can reach your Managed Care Organization (MCO) by contacting your Service Coordinator listed on your Service Plan.
- You can reach the Office of Long Term Living (OLTL) at 1-800-932-0939.
- You can reach Tempus at 1-844-983-6787 or by email at PAFMS@TempusUnlimited.org.
Is Public Partnership (PPL) no longer my Fiscal/Employer Agent (F/EA)?
- Public Partnership (PPL) is still your Fiscal/Employer Agent (F/EA) and will be until the transition to Tempus is completed July 1, 2022.
- After July 1, 2022, Tempus will be your Fiscal/Employer Agent (F/EA).
Will my Direct Care Worker(s) DCW(s) still get paid on time?
- There will be no changes to the current pay schedule with Public Partnership (PPL) and Direct Care Workers (DCWs) will experience no interruptions in their regularly scheduled payroll from this transition process. However, it is very important that every CLE and every DCW completes the transition paperwork and prepares for time entry now. The EVV app is available for download and you need to contact Tempus if you need assistance.
What if I need to hire a new Direct Care Worker (DCW) between now and July 1, 2022?
- You will follow the same processes you have been with Public Partnership (PPL). There will be no interruption to the Direct Care Worker (DCW) hiring process from this transition.
What will change?
- Your services will remain the same. Those are not changing unless it is the result of a reassessment. What will change is that you will begin working with Tempus Unlimited in mid-June, 2022 instead of Public Partnership (PPL). They will support you as your Fiscal/Employer Agent (F/EA) and provide the same type of services you have been receiving from Public Partnership (PPL).
- There will be some changes in terms of to whom you communicate about your service delivery and how you communicate with them such as different phone numbers, fax numbers, e-mails, and websites.
- The Portals and Web Apps you use for logging, submitting, reviewing, and editing time worked will be different, but payroll schedules will remain the same.
- The Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) app will be all new and easier to use for Direct Care Workers (DCWs) and Common Law Employers (CLEs).
What do I have to do to get ready for this transition?
- By now, all CLEs and DCWs should have completed transition paperwork from Tempus. If you have not received that paperwork or need assistance completing the paperwork, please contact Tempus right away at 1-844-983-6787. Also, you will need to download the EVV app to get ready to enter time. There are training opportunities for EVV and you can access the schedule here: pdf (tempusunlimited.org). There are also question and answer sessions online and you can access the schedule here: PA_General_Question_and_Answer_Sessions_Schedule_20220404.pdf (tempusunlimited.org).
Can I use my non-medical transportation service to get to the in-person sessions?
- Any Participant/CLE who needs assistance to get to the sessions should contact your Service Coordinator to coordinate transportation benefits.
Tempus Unlimited will perform the Fiscal/Employer Agent services for the Community HealthChoices-Managed Care Organization (CHC-MCO) self-directing participants. The Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) selected this powerful team to bring the best combination of:
- Financial Management Services (FMS) experience
- Self-direction thought leadership
- Proven project management
- Pennsylvania experience
- Financial Management Services (FMS) tools purpose-built for self-direction
What are the Benefits of Tempus:
The Tempus approach allows for:
- Set-up for participants, Common Law Employers (CLEs), and Direct Care Workers (DCWs) is quick and easy.
- Pay is on-time and accurate with opportunities to process completed bi-weekly payrolls every business day
- Real people on the phone that help in real-time – first call resolution
- Integrated, participant-focused service delivery
- Navigation of software and tools is simple
- Training is proactive and flexible to meet the individual’s need