OPPORTUNITIES FOR INDEPENDENCE
When does this change go into effect?
- Tempus Unlimited will become your Fiscal/Employer Agent (F/EA) effective April 1, 2022.
Will there be any interruptions to my services?
- You will continue to receive your services as authorized with no interruptions from this transition process.
Will we still be submitting our time the same way using Public Partnership’s (PPL’s) Time4Care mobile app?
- You will still submit your time using Public Partnership’s (PPL’s) Time4Care mobile app until mid-March, 2022. Time submission will move to the new Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) system/app in mid-March, 2022. We will share more information on exact dates to stop using that tool.
Are there any changes that are in effect now? How will I know what is changing and when those changes go into effect?
- Nothing in your service delivery has changed, and nothing will change in the services you receive except as the result of a reassessment. In the upcoming weeks and months, additional information will be coming from the Office of Long Term Living (OLTL), your Managed Care Organization (MCO), and Tempus Unlimited about this transition. No changes will take place before they have been communicated to you.
What should I expect from this transition?
- First and foremost, you should expect clear communication that occurs frequently. E-Mails, mailings, information site updates, as well as information sessions will all be regularly occurring during the transition.
- You should also expect an inclusive and collaborative approach to the transition plan, with easy accessibility to both staff and resources throughout the processes.
Who do I contact / where do I go if I have more questions?
- You can reach your Managed Care Organization (MCO) by contacting your Service Coordinator listed on your Service Plan.
- You can reach the Office of Long Term Living (OLTL) at 1-800-932-0939.
- You may also check back on the Tempus website for up-to-date information and resources.
Is Public Partnership (PPL) no longer my Fiscal/Employer Agent (F/EA)?
- Public Partnership (PPL) is still your Fiscal/Employer Agent (F/EA) and will be until the transition to Tempus is completed April 1, 2022.
- After April 1, 2022, Tempus will be your Fiscal/Employer Agent (F/EA).
Will my Direct Care Worker(s) DCW(s) still get paid on time?
- There will be no changes to the current pay schedule with Public Partnership (PPL) and Direct Care Workers (DCWs) will experience no interruptions in their regularly scheduled payroll from this transition process.
What if I need to hire a new Direct Care Worker (DCW) between now and April 1, 2022?
- You will follow the same processes you have been with Public Partnership (PPL). There will be no interruption to the Direct Care Worker (DCW) hiring process from this transition.
What will change?
- Your services will remain the same. Those are not changing unless it is the result of a reassessment. What will change is that you will begin working with Tempus Unlimited in mid-March, 2022 instead of Public Partnership (PPL). They will support you as your Fiscal/Employer Agent (F/EA) and provide the same type of services you have been receiving from Public Partnership (PPL).
- There will be some changes in terms of to whom you communicate about your service delivery and how you communicate with them such as different phone numbers, fax numbers, e-mails, and websites.
- The Portals and Web Apps you use for logging, submitting, reviewing, and editing time worked will be different, but payroll schedules will remain the same.
- The Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) app will be all new and easier to use for Direct Care Workers (DCWs) and Common Law Employers (CLEs).
What do I have to do to get ready for this transition?
- Today, there is nothing you need to do other than watch your email and stay in touch with your Service Coordinator to learn about upcoming activities.
- In the future, Common Law Employers (CLEs) and Direct Care Workers (DCWs) will need to complete new tax forms and participate in systems training.
Can I use my non-medical transportation service to get to the in-person sessions?
- Any Participant/CLE who needs assistance to get to the sessions should contact your Service Coordinator to coordinate transportation benefits.
Tempus Unlimited will perform the Fiscal/Employer Agent services for the Community HealthChoices-Managed Care Organization (CHC-MCO) self-directing participants. The Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) selected this powerful team to bring the best combination of:
- Financial Management Services (FMS) experience
- Self-direction thought leadership
- Proven project management
- Pennsylvania experience
- Financial Management Services (FMS) tools purpose-built for self-direction
What are the Benefits of Tempus:
The Tempus approach allows for:
- Set-up for participants, Common Law Employers (CLEs), and Direct Care Workers (DCWs) is quick and easy.
- Pay is on-time and accurate with opportunities to process completed bi-weekly payrolls every business day
- Real people on the phone that help in real-time – first call resolution
- Integrated, participant-focused service delivery
- Navigation of software and tools is simple
- Training is proactive and flexible to meet the individual’s need